Ergo PLUS Single Brood Box Beehive Set
Our Single Brood Box Beehive set is the base for all the Ergo PLUS hives we offer at Apimaye. All our 10 frame hives are shipped as single box hive (this hive) plus extra supers. This means they have all the features, including the insulation, screen bottom board with pollen trap, queen excluder, top feeders, and 2 division boards.
New beekeepers who start beekeeping by buying package bees or nucs (Short for nucleus colonies). Bees will build the combs and fill it up with honey and brood in about 2-3 weeks. Keep in mind that it is difficult to maintain the colony in a single box hive. The colony will swarm when it get strong and congested. Therefore you need to either divide the colony to prevent swarming or need to buy supers of your choice.
- If you are in a hot area like here in Phoenix, or have high UV index, we'd suggest you get the white hives instead of the tan colored.
- The price will change as the frame and foundation options are chosen.
- If you'd like to know more about our different frame options, you can read our blog post here, and decide which option is the best for you.
- Entrance color choices are purely for aesthetics, but if you have a large apiary with Apimaye hives, we'd suggest you mix and match the entrance colors to make it easier for the bees :)
Standard features from top to bottom:
- Insulated hive top cover
Top feeder (1 gallon capacity)
- 1 Tan colored insulated deep brood box
Screened bottom board with pollen trap and drawer
Multi functional slot
Side latches and handles
People who bought this product, also bought